Duration: 3 Days
Delivery method: In-house
The CISI's International Certificate in Advanced Wealth Management (ICAWM) is a stand-alone, global qualification consisting of a single unit: Applied Financial Advice and Management. It explores the range of assets and investment products available in the market at an advanced level and aims to ensure that you can apply the...
The CISI's International Certificate in Advanced Wealth Management (ICAWM) is a stand-alone, global qualification consisting of a single unit: Applied Financial Advice and Management.
It explores the range of assets and investment products available in the market at an advanced level and aims to ensure that you can apply the knowledge, theory and practical techniques required to assess a client's current financial position, make suitable investment recommendations, and respond appropriately to the changing needs of the client and circumstances of the market.
The qualification explores:
- The macro-economic context of investment advice and planning
- The main asset classes; characteristics and applications
- The main investment products; characteristics and applications
- Identification, measurement and assessment of investment risks and returns
- Portfolio planning, construction, review and maintenance
- Provision of investment advice including the ability to analyse clients' circumstances and apply suitable investment product recommendations to meet client-led objectives
Who is this for?
The International Certificate in Advanced Wealth Management is suitable for international candidates working in private banking and wealth management roles. It is the next step after the level 3 International Certificate in Wealth & Investment Management or the International Certificate in Wealth Management (discontinued in 2014).
ICAWM: Applied Financial Advice and Management
Cash and Money Markets
- Cash Deposits
- Money Market Funds
- Characteristics and Types of Bonds
- Risk and Return
- Bond Analysis
- Characteristics and Types of Equities
- Risk and Return
- Equity Analysis
- Foreign Exchange
- Open ended Funds
- Exchange Traded Funds
- Closed ended Funds
- Life Assurance based investments
- Alternative Investment Funds
- Fund selection and fund provider research
- Customer due diligence (CDD)
- Investment Advice Process
- International Considerations
- Trusts and Foundations
- Risk and Return
- Asset Allocation
- Investment management
- Evaluating investment performance
The aim of the unit is to ensure that candidates can apply the knowledge, theory and practical techniques required in order to assess a client's current financial position and future requirements, making suitable investment recommendations, monitoring performance and responding appropriately to changing needs and circumstances.
Our classroom training is delivered in-house and can be tailored to your Firm's requirements and the ability of the audience preparing for CISI exams.
Face to face training
Our recommended approach includes face to face training with one of our CISI expert trainers who will guide participants through the syllabus in a structured, engaging and interactive manner.
Practice tests and mock
Our face to face training days commence with a ‘kick-off’ test, testing the participants on their existing capabilities, and finish with a ‘progress’ test assessing their progress on the days topics.
As part of our in-house CISI study programmes, participants have access to chapter by chapter practice questions and a mock exam that simulates the real CISI examination.
These tools provide valuable feedback and monitoring to track the participants’ performance throughout the study programme and are vital in effectively preparing participants for success in their CISI exam.